Apple introduced the following mobile device management controls in the iOS 9.3 update preview.
Policies applicable to both BYOD and company owned devices
Notification Restrictions: IT admins can remotely restrict app notifications on end-user devices.
Policies applicable to only company owned device (supervised device)
1. Home Screen Layout: IT Admins can define the layout of apps, folders and web clips for the Home screen. The device must be in a Supervised mode to enable this policy.
2. ITunes Radio Service: ITunes Radio can be disabled on company owned supervised devices.
3. Application Blocking: Application whitelisting and blacklisting on company owned supervised devices. IT Admins can specify which apps are shown in the screen and allowed to function. Previously, there was no way to block some built-in apps in the device. The device must be in Supervised mode to enable this policy.
4. Notification Settings: IT Admins can prohibit end-users from performing changes to notification settings in the device. The device must be in Supervised mode to enable this policy.
5. Asset Tag Information: IT Admins can display custom text on Lock screen and login window such as “if lost return to…” messages and asset tag information.
6. Education Configuration: For better device sharing among students, Schools can define a set of device users, groups, and departments within an educational organization. This is part of Apple School Manager app.